So my thesis is all signed off and I should hopefully upload it (probably to ResearchGate) some time soon. As a teaser, here are some of the main points covered:
- A review of spatial hearing, plus reviews of some important binaural and vector models for prediction.
- A review of Ambisonics and Higher Order Ambisonics (HOA).
- Results of three perceptual experiments for Ambisonics and HOA at off-centre positions.
- Comparison of the binaural models and Gerzon’s energy vector to the perceptual results.
- An extension to Gerzon’s energy vector to include elements of the precedence effect for more accurate predictions at off-centre positions.